Job Title: Pharmacist - Fulltime
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the ensuring accuracy and clinical appropriateness of medications prescribed to pharmacy’s long term care patients/clients/residents. Exercise professional judgment to ensure appropriate dosing, timing, and duration medication of therapy with the goal of maximizing positive therapeutic outcomes while minimizing adverse clinical effects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensures that prescriptions issued by Physician or other authorized prescriber are interpreted and entered correctly into the pharmacy software system. .
● Oversees the preparation and labeling of prescription orders for accuracy and compliance with pharmaceutical standards as outlined in the United States Pharmacopeia..
● Ensures compliance with both State and Federal regulations as they relate to current pharmacy standards of practice, record keeping, proper storage and accountability of both controlled and non-controlled medications and poisons, supervision of pharmacy technicians, protect against adulteration of dispensed pharmaceuticals, maintain current pharmacy licensure and keep current with regulations as they pertain to pharmacy practice. Ensure compliance with HIPAA, Fraud, Waste and Abuse..
● Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
● Follows policy and procedures as required by Missouri Board of Pharmacy as well and Federal and State contractual obligations for participation in insurance programs..
● Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
● Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy database and inventory.
● Ensures the integrity of all pharmaceutical agents to ensure purity and avoid counterfeit items.
● Promotes teamwork by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Complies with company policies and procedures.
● Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Attends and participates in scheduled training sessions as required.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
● Directly supervises the work of support personnel.
FDA Health Regulations
Attention to Detail
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, and stand for extended periods of time
Occasionally lift up to 15 pounds
Education/Experience: RPh or PharmD required.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor