Variable shifts, Variable weekends
These tech positions will primarily rotate through the four day shifts of 0600-1430, 0700-1530, 0800-16300 or 0930-1800 or whatever shift assigned by the pharmacy director.
Performs routine technician jobs on a daily basis including IV preparation, medication order processing, and medication delivery, charging and crediting of medications, medication history collection and assisting the pharmacists in the performance of their duties.
- Proficient in IV preparation.
- Previous experience or shown proficiency for the Chemotherapy process:
- Pre-work preparation
- Ability to properly use chemotherapy references available
- Ability to aseptically and safely mix chemotherapy in the necessary timeframe
- Ability to perform the necessary complete documentation
- Ability to perform the necessary safe transfer, waste disposal and clean-up of chemotherapy area and barrier isolator.
- Responsible for advanced Pyxis functions.
- Responsible for pharmaceutical stock and the re-ordering process ( under the guidance of lead techs)
- Maintains a basic understanding of medications stocked for the various age groups that we service – newborns through geriatrics.
- Strong phone communication skills
- Understanding same day surgery procedures and medication needs
- Perform moderately difficult dosage calculations
- Computer skills – navigating the electronic health record
- Must be able to meet the physical, sensory and mental requirements of the position.
- Performs patient medication histories as directed by pharmacists.
Assists the other staff pharmacists, and the director of pharmacy in the performance of their duties.