UP Health System - Marquette
Work primarily with pharmacy staff in the unit dose, outpatient, and intravenous admixture area.
Performs dispensing and billing functions in appropriate dispensing program.Delivers patient-specific and floor stock medications accurately to patient care areas per department practices.Assists the pharmacist in medication compounding.Obtains accurate and timely medication history for each patient as directed.Demonstrates awareness of differing physiologic requirements of patient age groups when performing tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.Required Skills
- Knowledge of Medical/ Nursing terminology. Familiar with aseptic technique.
Minimum Work Experience
- State Pharmacy Technician license required (within 6 months of hire/transfer)
- Valid driver license in State of Michigan required (Home Infusion Therapy Dept only)
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- 1 year in related field preferred