As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, our community hospital is being supported with more resources than ever before. Duke LifePoint combines Duke University Health System's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence, quality and patient safety with LifePoint Health's financial resources and extensive operational experience - making our hospital even stronger. Duke LifePoint Healthcare's pledge to our hospital and the communities we serve is quality, expertise and commitment.
- Quality is the cornerstone of Duke LifePoint, and it is the central focus of everything the organization and our hospital strive to achieve.
- Duke LifePoint pledges to bring a wealth of expertise and resources to strengthen the already excellent care our hospital delivers.
- And, Duke LifePoint's commitment is to work collaboratively with our hospital to make our community healthier by strengthening local healthcare delivery for the future.
- Assists pharmacist(s) in filling medication orders.
- Preparing medications and supplies for dispensing, including:
- Repackaging bulk medications
- Compounding ointments and creams, oral solutions, and other medications
- Delivers medications to patient care areas and retrieves pharmacy related items.
- Accurately restocks automated dispensing cabinets according to inventory levels .
- Charges and credits patient profiles for medications used or returned to the pharmacy.
- Assists with inventory management by stocking fluids and medications on shelves.
- Inspects assigned out of date sections and/or nursing units or operating rooms on a monthly basis.
- Answering phone calls and handling questions that do not require pharmacist expertise or judgment and routing calls to the appropriate party as necessary.
- Maintains compliance and understanding of Compounding Sterile Products Policy and USP .
- Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals in accordance with CSP Policy and USP .
- Assists with training and orientation of new teammates to department workflow and procedures.