Assists Pharmacist in fast-paced long term care pharmacy by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently retrieve and prepare medications according to the medication label.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal law.
- Count, measure and pre-pack medications appropriately.
- Assist in checking and filling monthly cycle.
- Verify medical records for accuracy.
- Answer telephones and contact physicians/facilities for order clarification and refills.
- Assist with accurate and timely prescription processing under Pharmacist supervision.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
- Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Self-Starter and Follow Through.
- Oral Communication Skills.
- Customer Service.
- Positive Attitude.
- Team Player.
- Time Management.
- Computer Proficiency.