Metro Infectious Disease Consultants – Northville, MI
Assists pharmacists with compounding, documentation and other dispensing functions. Performs aseptic environment maintenance tasks. Assists with preparing and delivering patient shipments.
1) Picks and stages medication orders to be filled and compounded.
2) Compounds parenteral and other medications for patients.
3) Performs environmental monitoring tests each week.
4) Types prescription labels and prepares other documentation materials for pharmacist approval.
5) Files documentation records when time permits.
6) Cleans sanitizes and maintains equipment and facilities used for compounding sterile products each day.
7) Monitors pharmaceutical inventory and purchases replacement inventories each day.
8) Picks and prepares patient product ship orders for delivery and occasionally executes patient order deliveries.
9) Stocks IV room and Ante room each morning.
10) Cleans hood, IV room and ante room, carts, counters, bins and empties garbage cans each day.
11) Check for expired drugs in bins
12) Replace filters in hoods every 3 months.
13) Monitor temperature in IV room, Ante room, stock room and refrigerators each day.
14) Must be knowledgeable in the following areas
15) Equipment usage and maintenance
16) Patient/Caregiver educations
17) Proper Storage of Equipment
18) OSHA training
19) Company supplies
20) Patient Paperwork
21) Policies and procedures manual