ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks an exceptional PRN Phlebotomist to join our San Antonio team. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD's on the team.
With a role at ProPath, you will have the opportunity to join an innovative and growing company that values their employees. We look for PRN Phlebotomist who are accountable, honest , team players and someone who can provide top quality customer service. As a member of our team, you will be able to make an impact in helping provide effective medial diagnostics and research to our patients and clients.
- Perform blood draws competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Utilize standard procedures to identify the patient, record appropriate collection information, label and record all test tubes, log procedures and enter specimen data into computer system.
- Responds quickly, courteous, and in a professional manner towards patients, client staff and coworkers. Resolve issues and ensure quality patient care.
- Follow standard precautions at all times. Routine handling of biohazardous and or chemical hazardous material.
- Utilize company resources to aid with day-to-day operations and the specimen data input (i.e. test catalog, client services, etc.).
Communicate issues and concerns to the Phlebotomy Supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and/or company records and issues.
- Comply with all safety policies.
- Dispose of all sharp instruments in the sharp container.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Phlebotomy Certification preferred. High level of accuracy and speed when entering alpha and numeric data. Incumbent must be detail and quality-oriented.
One year of current phlebotomy experience is required and one year of data entry experience is preferred.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Performs repetitive or routine duties working from written procedures. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency. Operates automated and semi-automated equipment.
When you join our team at ProPath you become a part of an organization that is patient focused, accountable, honest, and provides a high level service.
Don’t Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)