Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health- Downtown is looking for an experienced Phlebotomist to join our team.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, click here.
- Receives specimens and acknowledges them in the computer
- Rotates duty in the Outpatient Clinical Lab and Outpatient Surgery Lab
- Removes and organizes computer generated request forms
- Maintains phlebotomy trays and working area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Performs bleeding time tests on all age groups serviced
- Trains new phlebotomists.
- Follows hospital and laboratory policies and procedures
- Assists with clerical duties