What You Will Do:
As a home health physical therapist assistant, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will work in tandem with a full team of healthcare professionals including physical therapists, nurses, other therapists and aides. You will have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their health and facilitate independence in their home.
• Collaborate with the physical therapist in assisting the physician in assessing the patient’s functional level by applying appropriate tests. Assist in the development and revision of the Plan of Care
• Treat patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy Plan of Care
• Observe, record and report the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in patients condition to the physical therapist and/or director
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient which includes instruction in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices and durable medical equipment, as appropriate
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure coordination of patient care