We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:As a home health physical therapist assistant, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will work in tandem with a full team of healthcare professionals including physical therapists, nurses, other therapists and aides. You will have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their health and facilitate independence in their home.
• Collaborate with the physical therapist in assisting the physician in assessing the patient’s functional level by applying appropriate tests. Assist in the development and revision of the Plan of Care
• Treat patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy Plan of Care
• Observe, record and report the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in patients condition to the physical therapist and/or director
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient which includes instruction in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices and durable medical equipment, as appropriate
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure coordination of patient care
• Current and unencumbered license to practice as a physical therapist assistant specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
Preferred:• One (1 ) year of therapy experience with adults, specifically, the geriatric patient population
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees