Responsible for planning, conducting and implementing physical therapy treatment program in accordance with the medical referral and evaluation to restore or maintain patient’s wellbeing while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Delivery of physical therapy services to comply with prescribed physician orders.
• Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
• Provide a written evaluation defining physical therapy needs, goals, progress and expected outcomes in conjunction with referring physician’s Plan of Treatment.
• Participates in coordination of services (including discharge planning) with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, etc.
• Maintain effective communication between staff, healthcare team members and family.
• Serve as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
• Supervises other personnel (PTA, HHA) as applicable.
• Completes OASIS assessments where allowed by state professional practice and regulation.
• Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program
• Current, unrestricted state license as a Physical Therapist in the state of practice
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with policies and procedures
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
• One (1) year of recent experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care or rehab setting
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisition ID: R0009389