This position is a professional licensed Physical Therapy position which provides leadership to the PTA’s and Techs of the Physical Therapy Department, including Inpatient and Outpatient services, supervision of assigned staff and direct physical therapy care to eligible patients.
Physical Therapist PRN position is needed to cover weekends and weekday needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Administers physical therapy program including training and supervising hourly staff.
• Develops therapy programs in accordance with the instructions of a physician through the use of heat, massage, hydrotherapy, exercise, rest and electricity; administers short wave diathermy, tens, electrical stimulation, whirlpool, and traction give such exercises as: passive, motion, active, assisting, resistive, breathing, postural, and gait training.
• Supervises and administers treatment to convalescing patients including muscle testing, grading the strength and weakness of different muscles, massage and muscle reeducation, guided exercise for weakened muscles, and underwater treatment.
• Observes condition of patients during treatment and may modify the prescribed treatment if it seems to be injurious to the health of the patient; consults with the physician to outline long range programs for a patient and reports progress or results.
• Supervises clinical assistants & technicians; demonstrates proper positioning methods and other techniques; teaches exercises to patient or patient’s family for home treatment.
• Supervises patients for treatment; prepares periodic patient progress reports; prepares detailed monthly reports.
• Orders or delegates ordering of supplies and equipment from appropriate vendors with monitoring of physical inventory for adjustments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.