Theradynamics has an excellent Physical Therapist job opportunity in Syracuse at a skilled nursing facility.
Physical therapy can be defined as the treatment of injuries or medical conditions using physical methods. Examples include strengthening, range of motion exercises, balance training, ambulation and transferring, and all other cross motor skills. An array of other modalities, including electrical stimulation, massage, ultrasound treatments, whirlpool treatments, biofeedback, and the application of heat or ice are incorporated into the treatments to manage pain while restoring a person to prior levels of function. Physical therapy services begin with an evaluation of the patient's strength, coordination, mobility, flexibility, balance, and pain levels. The Physical therapist then develops treatment programs with short and long-term goals to assist the patient in restoring as much physical function as possible through skilled therapy.
PT Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide skilled physical therapy services/interventions in accordance with physician orders.
- Assess patient needs, plans for, evaluates, and modifies care to meet goals of physical therapy interventions.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
Physical Therapist Job Requirements:
- Valid NY PT License
- Master’s degree from an accredited physical therapy school
- Good organization skills
- Good written skills
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Tax-Deferred Programs under AFLAC
- Unlimited continuing education credits through our interactive online library of courses
- 401K Plan with company match