If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a dedicated Physical Therapist Assistant to provide physical therapy treatment under the supervision of a qualified Physical Therapist in accordance with the plan of care. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Physical Therapist Assistant / PTA, you will perform all physical therapy procedures, planned and delegated, as prescribed by the physician in the client's place of residence when instructed and supervised by a qualified Physical Therapist.
Additional duties for role include, but are not limited to:
- Administering non-complex therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction, heat, light, cold, water and electrical modalities to clients with relatively stable conditions.
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting clients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Observing client’s progress and response to treatment and reports findings to the physical therapist.
- Preparing clinical notes and progress reports documenting physical therapy treatments performed, and submitting them for review to the supervising Physical Therapist for inclusion into the clinical record.
We are seeking a reliable and personable Physical Therapist Assistant who combines the knowledge and skills necessary to perform all procedures as outlined, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work under minimal supervision. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this health care therapy role include:
- Graduate of a physical therapy assistant program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Minimum of 1 year of physical therapy experience to clients or as required by state law
- Current CPR certification
- Current and valid license as a Physical Therapy Assistant by your state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!