Homecare Physical Therapist Assistant, PTA for the Greenfield Area
GVNA HealthCare, Inc. - In your Community
GVNA HealthCare Inc. offers skilled nursing, therapy home visits, hospice, private duty services, adult day health service in areas surrounding Fitchburg, Gardner, Athol and Greenfield. We are a not-for-profit home healthcare agency dedicated to providing quality care to the community, regardless of their ability to pay. We believe that ALL people have the right to the best healthcare possible, whatever their circumstances, and that they deserve to receive that care in the comfort and security of their homes whenever possible.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Opportunity for dynamic Physical Therapist Assistant to work in greater Greenfield area. This is a full-time benefited position with non-profit, 5-star home health agency.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Plans and administers physical therapy services under the supervision of the registered physical therapist, to patients in their place of residence and in community programs according to physician’s orders. Administers to patients’ therapeutic procedures while maintaining agency records. Patient population may range from birth to over 100 years of age with impairments not limited to: muscular skeletal, neurological, orthopedic resulting in functional limitations and or disabilities due to injury, illness, disease or other causes. Adheres to all agency policies including, but not limited to: Confidentiality agreement, HIPAA, personnel policies, clinical policies and procedures, professional code of ethics and State Practice Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Partial List. Additional position responsibilities can be viewed by going to www.gvnahealthcare.org. Click on “Careers” then “Job Search and to Apply”.
- Meets productivity 100% of the time of 30 visits per week.
- Submits accurate and complete documentation within 24 hours of visit.
- Documentation initiated at time of visit in the home and completed during work day.
- Implements the physical therapy Plan of Care, under the direction of the PT, demonstrating technical competence and utilizing evidenced based practice.
- Administers or performs standardized assessment tools such as but not limited to TUG, TENETTI, BORG. And updates the supervising physical therapist of the results
- Demonstrates an organized approach to paperwork and caseload.
- Demonstrates competency with computer software use.
- Attends all therapy required in-service education programs provided GVNA HealthCare, Inc.
- Increases professional knowledge to enhance job performance.
- Communicates with supervising PT at scheduled time points and as needed to report patient status for update of treatment plan and indicated interventions and goals.