Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Palliative Care Physician provides consultation in palliative care, symptom and supportive care to meet the needs of the patient as requested by the referring physician. Prescribes medications, orders diagnostics and treatments according to patients palliative care needs and in collaboration with the referring physician. Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided. Educates facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care services. Supervises palliative care nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must be a Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy with two years experience, licensed to practice medicine in the state.
- Advanced and ongoing training in palliative medicine, diagnostics skills, symptom management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
- Reliable transportation, current state driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine board certified or board eligible preferred.
Special Instructions to Candidates