The Planning Analyst assists the VP of Planning and Planning Managers in the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data for a variety of strategic planning reports. The incumbent will provide research, analysis and report creation on health status data, demographics, conduct community interviews and other necessary information to conduct Community Health Needs Assessments. Additionally, the incumbent will create and maintain spreadsheets and databases providing analysis and interpretation of hospital data and healthcare trends; provide research and collection of inpatient, outpatient, physician and non-acute aspects of the healthcare marketplace including analysis of hospital volumes and market share for use in Market Assessments and analysis of physician claims data. The analyses will be utilized in corporate and hospital planning and strategy development. In this role, the incumbent must also demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. The incumbent will extensively utilize Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) in day-to-day operations.
- Conduct research to identify health statistics and disease related information to identify issues and trends.
- Conduct primary and secondary research including one-on-one telephone or in person interviews and analysis of findings.
- Analyze physician claims data and provide findings to internal or external clients.
- Participate in survey design, data collection and analysis for various internal and external projects using SurveyMonkey or similar program.
- Analyze client data to identify issues and trends.
- Assist in development of written reports and make oral presentations of quantitative and qualitative results to clients as needed.
- Gather and analyze physician claims data, market data, demographics and other information to support analytical requests of internal and external clients.
- Ability to understand various physician claims and state databases and accurately extract data from these sources.
- Ability to provide meaningful output based on information analyzed.
- Prepare and design spreadsheets, graphics and maps for presentations using available tools and resources.
- Create graphical data representations using mapping software such as Maptitude.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to create reports using physician claims data, as well as data from state comparative databases.
- Keep internal and external customers informed on progress of projects.
- Obtains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competitive base salary with a competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, a 401k company match, 9 paid holidays and 18 PTO days.
Requires a bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, statistics, healthcare administration, sociology, public health or related field of study; master's degree preferred.
- Requires 1 year of public health, planning and/or market analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting with extensive data analysis or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, mapping software, and other database tools for research and analysis
- Experience in qualitative data collection and analysis preferred
- Knowledge of health care claims data, a plus
- Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet manipulation, pivot tables, use of vlookup and Microsoft Excel formulas
- Ability to translate complex data into usable written and/or graphic format and write clear reports
- Experience conducting interviews and/or focus groups and documenting/reporting the findings, a plus
- Ability to strategically think about available data, how to use available tools and efficiently conduct analysis using all available technology/resources
- Experience presenting data and reports to clients including healthcare executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with analyzing hospital association state data tools or databases as well as physician claims data sources
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and complete assignments in a timely manner and by the associated deadline
- Must be a team player with ability to self-motivate, eager to learn, handle pressure of fast-paced environment, organize own work, juggle multiple priorities and produce accurate analyses
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during change and to adapt to change with a positive attitude
- Possess effective organization skills and attention to detail, and diligent follow-through on responsibilities and requests
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, peers, clients, vendors and the general public in a manner that represents CHC positively
- Possess a strong customer service focus
- Ability to meet CHC's Drug and Tobacco-Free requirements
About Community Hospital Corporation - HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT®
Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations - CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance. For more information about CHC, please visit www.communityhospitalcorp.com