Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Practice Manager II. The Practice Manager II is responsible for the effective management of all assigned facilities through: deployment of clinical providers; implementation of corporate policies, procedures and initiatives; and acts as primary liaison with practice providers, clinical leadership and clients
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
- Understand hospital contractual requirements (quality, financial, satisfaction) and educate providers appropriately. Coordinate the renewal or modification of said contract with Practice leader
- Educate facility/key hospital personnel on the EVPS product lines and services, including EVPS's quality program. Understand, in turn, the needs and quality program of the hospital
- Present quality data to the hospital
- Ensure facility adoption of standard forms
- Facilitate adoption of hospital EMR where necessary
- Liaise with the hospital to facilitate problem resolution and goal setting
- Interface and network with hospital departments and attend applicable meetings
- Be aware of local developments and identify potential threats and opportunities, including identification of available ER, Anesthesia and Children’s Services vendors and any issues with the administration’s satisfaction with those services. Escalate to the RPD or Practice Leader as warranted
- Assist Human Resources in interface with provider for benefit enrollment, FMLA, work related injuries, etc.
- Serve as the primary source of contact and communication for Physicians
- Assist facility leadership in counseling and coaching staff
- Work with Credentialing to facilitate urgent credentialing issues such as deficient records, renewal of privileges, missing licensure/certifications, etc.
- Initiate and coordinate staff meetings
- Manage onboarding process for assigned facilities (facility orientation, access cards, introductions, etc.).
- Respond to other operational issues as they arise
- Routinely utilize quality reports as tools to provide continuous performance feedback to department leadership and staff
- Train providers on event reporting procedure and other events
- Provide on-site training for initiatives
- Distribute policies and ensure adherence
- Perform necessary site reviews to ensure compliance with NCQA, JCAHO and other regulatory and accreditation requirements
- EMS Coordination
- Audit departmental meetings
- Interface with the Documentation Education Department and coordinate activity as necessary; ensure coding and documentation improvements are sustained
- Provide appropriate operational work tools to providers (performance evaluations, etc.)
Recruitment & Provider Relations
- Interact with Central Services as necessary to ensure effective and efficient functioning of facilities. Effectively manage the recruitment process for all open positions at the facility
- Submit request form to Central Services for each open position at facility. Review the provider staffing list, and ensure all providers are accurately represented
- Review the provider staffing vacancy list, and ensure accuracy
- Notify labor control immediately of any potential upcoming vacancies
- Lead the recruitment effort for open positions through the interface with Sheridan affiliated providers at the site, the Chief provider, and Sheridan’s sourcing solution, TIVA. Interface with the provider directly through face-to-face interviews, selection in concert with site Clinical leadership, and orientation
- Navigate the corporate processing system for new hires; including but not limited to requesting a contract, assuring that all applicable forms from HR, payroll and credentialing are mailed, received, and returned completed. Track all information and log and follow-up on missing items. Closely monitor the credentialing progress to assure candidate is successfully processed internally and at the facility as close to the preferred start date as possible
- For existing providers, process all provider contractual requirements. Coordinate employment contract amendments or other changes in provider staffing and compensation. Assure generation of proper Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for various sign-on bonuses, stipends, tails, moving expenses as well as Employee Advance Request Forms (EARFs) for promissory notes
- Depending upon site, attend with TIVA recruitment functions/meetings
- Able to prepare detailed financial analytics relative to labor cost management and understand the complexities of revenue cycle management
- Able to prepare annual budgets for assigned practices with limited oversight from the Practice Leader.
- Act as liaison with Accounting and Finance to resolve financial-related practice and/or budget issues
- Ensure effective labor management of facilities through: intimate understanding of the schedule at the facility, provision of e guidance and support where necessary to assure the most cost-effective solution is being employed. Coordinate with facility medical directors and division leaders to cover vacancies, vacations, and other scheduling issues
- Engage the use of per diems, locums, and agency providers as necessary; ensure usage is monitored and appropriate
- Monitor pay for performance incentives
Customer Service & Development
- Meet regularly (as determined by department policy) with assigned facility administration to:
- Identify any projected changes in service requirements that would change our provider schedule and thus our cost. Proactively address those changes through the education of hospital managers. Escalate issues to the Practice Leader as needed
- Serve as liaison with customers including patients, surgeons, and other hospital personnel to assess client satisfaction
- Demonstrates ability to manage highly complex client relationships and practices including ability to interface with client executives in conjunction with the applicable Practice Leader
- Able to recruit, develop, and retain a comprehensive practice management team in conjunction with the Practice Leader
- Able to serve as operational leader of assigned practices in the absence of Practice Leader
- Responsible for the training and onboarding of new practice managers
- Serves as an informal leader, positive role model, team builder, and expert resource for practice managers across all specialties
- Interface with Corporate resources as necessary, including: Central Services, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle Management, and Payroll, to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the practices at each facility. Serve as the primary point of contact for each assigned facility
- Integrally involved in new business including new growth and acquisitions
- Able to effective manage projects related to the specialty’s strategic objectives with limited oversight from the Practice Leader
- Communicate activities, events and concerns to the appropriate responsible parties
- Where multiple service lines exist within the same facility, ensure a reasonable level of coordination and interaction with other practice managers
- Participate in facility start-ups and acquisitions as assigned
- Actively participate in Kaizen related events, supports & participates in Lean efforts and implements standard work
- Implement necessary communication mechanisms to ensure that the practices are provided with up-to-date information on corporate policies, procedures and initiatives
- Keep upper management informed of key happenings and events
- Read and abide by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs.
- Report any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtain clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Team-focused, takes into account impact to organization beyond assigned facilities.
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare/business administration or related field from four-year College or university required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred. 5+ years’ experience in healthcare industry including direct interfacing with physicians and clinical providers; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Billing System (AS400, Children’s Services Notes, MISYS Vision)
Certificates and Licenses:
Depending on site, may have direct subordinates. Must demonstrate the ability to manage front-line employees, direct a central team and work closely with corporate resources.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.