Gay Men's Institute, located in Cathedral City, CA, is accepting applications for a full-time Primary Therapist.
The Primary Therapist is responsible for coordinating and providing individual counseling, case management, group therapy, and bio-psycho-social assessment services to patients in a residential setting. The candidate will demonstrate expertise in evidence-based treatment modalities for dual diagnoses, case management, development of patient support systems, and discharge/continuing care planning. The Therapist will collaborate with the treatment team to plan and coordinate the patient's movement through the continuum of care.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology or a related field.
- At lease three (3) years of experience in a behavioral health field.
- Familiar with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- Experience with CBT and gay affirmative therapy preferred.
- Must be licensed or license eligible.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
We are a Drug Free Company. All positions are designated as “Safety Sensitive” positions and in light of our company mission, the Company does not employ medical marijuana cardholders. Following an offer of employment, and prior to reporting to work, all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a substance abuse screen.
US-CA-Cathedral City, CA