Under the direction of the department leadership, accomplishes goals and plans that relate to the mission of the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation. Directs the ongoing activities related to performance measurement development and engagement activities. Coordinates specific, designated performance measure development activities to enhance The Joint Commission's ability and leadership in assessing and improving the quality of health care. Participates in mentoring staff in activities promoting the integration of performance measure data use and engagement with customers (including: Accreditation and Certification Operations and Healthcare Organizations). Represents The Joint Commission at speaking engagements and as a liaison to various professional organizations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and defines project goals, activities and work plans for major ongoing and planned divisional initiatives. Defines project parameters and specifications and organizes related staff resources. Formulates creative and innovative approaches to accomplishing project objectives.
- Manages daily operations related to division projects which are often very large and complex. Monitors current projects to ensure that they are conducted in a highly professional manner. Acts independently and pro?actively to manage and resolve project?related problems as they arise.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures necessary for smooth project implementation and consistent project performance. Develops and coordinates training programs necessary for project implementation.
- Provides professional/technical guidance and consultation to other Joint Commission divisions and personnel in the development and conduct of performance measurement?related activities and statistical data analysis.
- Manages and actively contributes to the development of methodologies, analytical plans, and data collection instruments for assigned projects including but not limited to:
- Convening and coordinating activities within the division structure to ensure timely project implementation and completion.
- Maintaining and expanding knowledge base using available resources.
- Offering unique approaches and alternatives in strategies for analysis.
- Initiates, coordinates and participates in the dissemination of measurement activities through journal publications, presentations at national conferences, and internal communication vehicles.
- Represents the Division at external professional forums and in a broad variety of internal cross divisional activities.
- Assists in the development and administration of divisional budgets related to specific projects that advance agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans. Identifies potential areas for revenue generation within the division.
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Our team members embrace a number of commonly shared enterprise values � quality, respect, integrity, courtesy, teamwork, recognition, improvement, empowerment, and responsiveness. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth of our team members and our division.
- The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of at least a Masters degree.
- Seven to ten years of progressively increasing responsibility in health care administration or delivery. Previous experience in project management and performance measurement quality improvement projects is highly desirable.
- Managerial ability to plan, organize, and synthesize complex activities involving a wide range of individuals, groups, and/or committees.
- Strong analytic abilities to develop design data collection systems, interpret data analytics and evaluation results, and oversee project budgets.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with individuals at various levels both inside and outside of the organization, often in sensitive situations requiring political awareness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification due to business needs and/or reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.