ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform client screening, Welligent (EHR) intake, orientation, and assessment functions necessary to complete outpatient treatment as required.
- Provides outpatient treatment of opioid and other addiction services to a variety of patients with substance use or addiction disorders.
- Shares clinical expertise with the team and provides oversight and direction for treatment planning of clients
- Performs diagnostic psychiatric evaluations for incoming new clients in our residential programs, and coordinates follow up visits accordingly for medication management and monitoring.
- Offer evidence-based treatment after psychiatric assessment for any co-occurring disorders, review utility of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological interventions and approaches, discuss and review role of anti-craving medications for relapse prevention.
- Determines continued appropriateness and ongoing medical necessity for medication management for underlying co-occurring and substance use disorders
- Acts as a liaison and resource to the clinical teams in providing education as it relates to best-practice guidelines for psychiatry and addiction medicine.
- Be able to successfully work interdepartmentally with medical, nursing teams and other clinical departments in offering assistance with determining appropriateness for treatment and ongoing treatment planning of clients where integrating treatment is emphasized.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion for clients in group and daily interactions.
- Maintain objectivity towards all clients and make clinical decisions based on accurate information.
- Demonstrate appropriate boundaries between staff and clients.
- Work cooperatively with others and supervisors.
- Demonstrate patience and consideration in dealing with others.
- Demonstrate thoughtful decision-making.
- Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Communicate regularly with clinical staff regarding special needs for individual residents
- Provide mental health evaluation and monitoring to clients
- Provide health education to residents related to medical and psychiatric issues
- Provides emergency care if on-site when an emergency occurs
- Available by phone to respond to psychiatric emergencies
- Conduct psychiatric assessment for admission
- Refer residents for specialty care, as needed
- Experience and interest in substance abuse and treatment
- Strong desire to act as the role of primary care
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with EMR and Microsoft programs
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to comply with internal, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Ability to assist client population.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model to clients.
- Ability to apply organizational management skills and maintain self and client discipline.
- Ability to prepare and maintain required documentation.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- MD or DO with specialty in Psychiatry and Addiction
- Current license as a Physician in the State of Rhode Island
- Certified in CPR /ACLS
- Current DEA License
- 24/7 phone accessibility
- Psychiatrist is required to provide stable and frequent availability to meet the needs for an 83 bed facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move