Work directly with the Public Relations Director, AVP of Marketing and Public Relations, and Corporate Affairs officers to manage earned media strategy and high-priority projects for the Public Relations Department. Establish regular PR strategies, tactics, and media campaigns to highlight the Enterprise, its initiatives and employees. Work with executive teams on proactive, reactive and crisis communications needs as they arise. Contribute to and support the development and implementation of strategic public/media relations programs designed to promote key clinical services and to enhance the brand and mission of EmblemHealth and AdvantageCare Physicians. Work across the full range of public relations activities relating to the clinical services (e.g., pediatrics, women's health, psychiatry, plastic surgery) including researching issues, monitoring media and drafting press releases. Develop media outreach strategies and media pitches, help to fulfill incoming media requests and serve as key contact for select media outlets. Draft press releases, holding statements, talking points, Q&As, etc. Contribute to the writing and production of internal communications. Identify and pitch topics/experts for news stories that establish EmblemHealth and AdvantageCare Physicians as leader within the healthcare industry.
Earned Media & Editorial
- Draft and distribute public relations materials, including press releases, media prep, positioning papers, blog posts, executive-bylined articles, talking points, speeches, letters to the editor and scripts.
- Develop earned media strategies and proactively pursue stories that differentiate EmblemHealth and AdvantageCare Physicians, mining publications, internal subject matter experts, research, and other resources.
- Respond to daily media questions or requests for interviews, coordinating media interviews and prepare spokespeople for appearances and rapid response statements.
- Develop creative strategies and tactics to amplify EmblemHealth’s earned strategy, including podcasts, influencer partnerships, online publishing platforms, awards and recognitions and paid opportunities.
- Foster strong relationships with local and national reporters and proactively pitch stories.
- Identify and maintain relationships with elected officials, key clients, union leadership, bloggers and other influencers.
- Collaborate with EmblemHealth’s in-house creative and videography teams to develop content showcasing EmblemHealth’s and its family of companies’ thought leadership.
- Provide live social media and blog coverage of conferences and executive-level events in partnership with EmblemHealth’s Social Media Team.
- Establish a stable of media-trained internal subject matter experts for conferences, speaking opportunities and live interviews.
- Conduct and attend strategy meetings with inter departmental partners
Project Management & Training
- Lead press trainings for EmblemHealth spokespeople.
- Partner with EmblemHealth’s Social Media Team to conduct LinkedIn audits and trainings.
- Develop and maintain paid, owned and earned editorial calendars and reports, including for EmblemHealth’s blog and Medium account.
- Provide proactive, onsite, hands-on support at corporate and community events where there is a media presence.
- Act as a primary spokesperson and liaise with press on various media inquiries and media events.
- Develop and implement communications strategies to protect and enhance EmblemHealth and AdvantageCare Physicians’ brand reputations during and in anticipation of crisis situations.
- Triage and respond to media inquiries during and outside of business hours.
- Coordinate across executive leadership, Legal and Human Resources and other key partners to coordinate crisis response.