Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
The RCP Critical Care functions as a professional respiratory therapist and to apply an extensive background of knowledge and experience with geriatric, adult, children, adolescent, and neonatal patients, allowing for an intuitive grasp of given situations.
- Meets patient, client and family needs through utilization of interdepartmental and intradepartmental resources to provide appropriate care plans and education.
- Acts as a lead resource in improving respiratory care practice and to assist the development of accountability in others both inside and outside the department.
- Provides respiratory care predominately in critical care areas.
- Responsible for assisting with tracheostomies, bronchoscopies, Bronchial Alveolar Lavage (BAL), Arterial lines, intubations, and diagnostic testing procedures.
- Responds quickly and effectively in highly complex, rapidly changing, and/or unfamiliar situations. Performs invasive and noninvasive diagnostic procedures. Responsible for providing critical care to patients.
- Participates on multi-disciplinary teams regarding cardiopulmonary status. Applies technical knowledge to consult with physicians regarding cardiopulmonary status.
- Educates patients on their disease state, wellness, home care modalities, safety, smoking cessation, mobility assist, and medication information.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policies and procedures, computer based training (CBT) modules, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulatory agency's standards, and competent practice of Respiratory Care as adopted by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
- Demonstrates awareness of budgetary processes, productivity demands, and proper use of equipment, materials, supplies, time, workload and financial resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement goals, monitors projects including data gathering measures, involved in process test of change for improvements, and follows up with department staff.
- Correctly completes, records, and accurately captures charges in the patient medical record (Electronic Medical Record).
Required Minimum Education: Associates Degree Respiratory (Medical Lab Scientist)/ Bachelor's Degree (Medical Lab Technologist)
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree Respiratory
Required: Current license with the Ohio Respiratory Care Board; BLS; ACLS; PALS; NRP certification and competent in intubation and A line insertion where applicable.
Preferred: ACCS, NPS endorsements, ACLS, PALS, NRP
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Work Shift:Nights (United States of America)
Department:SRMC Respiratory Therapy
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.