Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
Mercy Health – Clermont Hospital has opened a newly renovated 7,400 sq ft Senior Behavioral Health Services Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatric Unit. The unit will will enhance Mercy Health’s ability to fulfill our mission by providing patients with rapid access to high-quality senior behavioral health services in a warm, supportive atmosphere. Senior Behavioral Health Services is an acute, short-term program for patients aged 55 years and older in need of a secure, therapeutic environment 24-hours a day.
The first thing our professional team will do is a very thorough evaluation to help determine what’s causing the behavioral and mental changes. We also check for any underlying medical or biochemical origins. We will then work with the patient, family and other health professionals, to develop a course of treatment. Treatment includes individual meetings with psychiatrists; group therapy with seniors struggling with similar problems; and educational programs. Our nurses, psychiatrists, trained counselors and social workers can help with all aspects of a person’s life.
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio or Kentucky Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery
Education Qualifications - List the minimum education, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Minimum Education:
2 Year/ Associates Degree
4 year/ Bachelors Degree
Licensing/ Certification - If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.
Current nursing license in the State of Ohio and/or Kentucky BLS, ACLS, PALS and any other unit specific certification requirement
Hold national certification in clinical specialty or leadership within 6 months of eligibility
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Work Shift:Nights (United States of America)
Department:BHI Geriatric Unit
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.