Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments.
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery.
Required Minimum Education: 2 year / Associates Degree
Preferred: 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (MUST NOT BE NON-EXPIRED/ACTIVE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED)
Current nursing license in the State of Ohio
Required Certifications by Nursing Department:
Emergency Department- BLS/ACLS/PALS or per RN Residency plan
Med Surg/Telemetry: BLS required, ACLS encouraged
STEP DOWN: BLS required; ACLS required with 6 months of hire or per RN Residency plan
ICU/CVU: BLS and ACLS required or per RN Residency plan
Family Birth: BLS and NRP required: NCCc-EFM within 18 months of hire required
Perioperative: BLS required
Cath Lab: BLS and ACLS required
Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab: BLS and ACLS required
PACU: BLS, ACLS and PALS required or per RN Residency plan
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Work Shift:Nights (United States of America)
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.