This position is responsible for promoting optimal care of the acute coronary syndrome patient in the context of a regionalized cardiac care system through coordination of clinical activities, professional and public education, quality improvement activities, analysis of cardiac registries with case analysis and administrative oversight of cardiac patient care units. This position acts as a resource and coordinator of efforts to all patient care areas regarding medical and nursing care as related to the acute coronary syndrome patient, and acts as the Chest Pain Center Coordinator. Manages care by maintaining effective lines of communication with all stakeholders.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must possess minimum of three to five years experience in emergency/critical care/cardiac/cardiovascular nursing and in the care of cardiovascular patients, with advanced skills.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Must possess current Texas State RN license.
- Must be CPR certified through the American Heart Association.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.
- Must maintain membership in CBRAC