Havasu Regional Medical Center
Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice for a Registered Nurse.
Reports to: Cardiac Cath Lab Manager
Title: Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse PRN (as needed and up to 40 hours per week)
We are looking for an experienced Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse to proudly serve with our Havasu Regional Medical Center team.
The Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting the Cardiologist with the treatment of patients that are suffering/recovering from, or at risk of developing cardiovascular disease. These duties may range from helping patients with medications to assisting during cardiovascular surgical procedures, as well as patient education.
The cardiac rehabilitation nurse will closely monitor and test cardiac patients. The nurse will assist patients during stress tests and monitor their vital signs, such as heart rate, heart rhythm, respiratory rate, blood oxygen levels, and blood pressure.
Qualifications of the Cardiac Rehab Nurse:
- HS Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current Registered Nurse state license
- A minimum of one year of critical care nursing or rehabilitation experience working with critical patients
- This is a Department of Nursing - Surgical Services position that provides delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse.
- Licensure/Certification: Appropriate state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification required.
- Arterial Line Placement within 6 months of hire.
- Certification of completion of basic EKG and dysrhythmia course highly preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Preferred Skills of the Cardiac Rehab Nurse:
- One year Cardiac, ICU, CCU or ED experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Able to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
Our robust benefits package includes both the traditional benefits, along with a 401k match, tuition assistance, and identity theft protection.
With more than 300 days of sunshine each year and 400 miles of coastline, Lake Havasu City is a water lover's paradise with a host of opportunities for an active lifestyle. Havasu Regional Medical Center is a licensed 171-bed acute care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission. It provides a full complement of patient-centered, community hospital and regional referral services in most major medical disciplines, and its affiliated physicians and allied health professionals represent a broad cross-section of specialty areas. It is a state-certified Advanced Life Support Base Hospital, authorizing medical direction and support of pre-hospital care providers and fire department paramedic personnel, and a state-certified Level IV trauma centerLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
US-AZ-Lake Havasu City