The qualified candidate will assist with the preparation of summaries and interpretive reports. S/he participates in monitoring and surveillance to determine location and cause of infections and recommends and assists with corrective measures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in an advisory capacity to develop and expand infection control practices in the Hospital.
- Participates in special studies designed to identify, evaluate, and implement relevant findings to effect change in infection control practices and improve patient care.
- Assists in developing and updating techniques according to current standards of practice, which results in optimum care to patients and reduced risk of infections to patients and staff.
- Participates in staff education.
- Assists with infection control aspects of disaster planning.
- Works with other health care agencies to report, contain, and investigate infectious cases.
- Maintains a system for identifying, reporting, investigating and controlling infections and communicable diseases of patients and staff.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the infection control process in the healthcare setting
- Develops implements and improves infection prevention and control practices.
- Implements policies governing the prevention and control of infection and communicable diseases.
- Develops reviews and/or revises and implements all departmental policies and procedures related to the control of infections and communicable diseases on a concurrent basis.
- Maintains knowledge of CDC guidelines as they pertain to Infection Control.
- Any other duties as requested.
Licensed as Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Illinois.
Applicable education in infection control or related topics.
Minimum of one year of experience in working in an Infection Control environment.
Minimum of two years of experience in Infection Control in a health care setting.