Havasu Regional Medical Center
Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. This is a Department of Nursing - Surgical Services position that provides delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse.
Reports to: Clinical Nurse Manager/Director
Title: Registered Nurse Surgical Services PRN (as needed up to 40 hours)
We are looking for an experienced Surgical Services Registered Nurse to proudly serve with our Havasu Regional Medical Center team.
The Surgical Services Registered Nurse is responsible for preparing and providing perioperative instructions, preparing patients for surgery, preparing operating room, administering medication and assisting patients with education. The nurse will also help plan, implement and evaluate treatment of surgical patients, interacting closely with patients, family members, and other healthcare professionals.
Qualifications of the Surgical Services Registered Nurse:
- HS Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current Registered Nurse state license
- A minimum of one year of critical care nursing, OR, Circulator, ICU, CCU, or ED experience working with critical patients
- This is a Department of Nursing - Surgical Services position that provides delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse.
- Licensure/Certification: Appropriate state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification required.
- Arterial Line Placement within 6 months of hire.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- ust be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Preferred Skills of the Surgical Services Registered Nurse:
- One year Surgical/OR, ICU, CCU or ED experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Able to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations, calm under pressure
- Team player with strong communication skills
Our robust benefits package includes both the traditional benefits, along with a 401k match, tuition assistance, and identity theft protection.
With more than 300 days of sunshine each year and 400 miles of coastline, Lake Havasu City is a water lover's paradise with a host of opportunities for an active lifestyle. Havasu Regional Medical Center is a licensed 171-bed acute care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission. It provides a full complement of patient-centered, community hospital and regional referral services in most major medical disciplines, and its affiliated physicians and allied health professionals represent a broad cross-section of specialty areas. It is a state-certified Advanced Life Support Base Hospital, authorizing medical direction and support of pre-hospital care providers and fire department paramedic personnel, and a state-certified Level IV trauma center LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
US-AZ-Lake Havasu City