POSITION SUMMARY: Performs intraoperative imaging in OR and Pain Management Treatment Area. Produces radiographs of patient’s bodies for use in diagnosing and treating medical problems. Performs related clerical duties such as typing and completing charges.
- Performs intraoperative imaging with portable x-ray machine or c-arm to assist in surgery and pain management.
- Prepares trays for pain management utilizing sterile technique.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Ensures hospital personnel are adequately protected from radiation.
- Answers phone requests for x-rays to be pulled, picked up or sent to another doctor.
- Retrieves x-rays from PACS to assist in surgery.
- Logs radiologic procedures completed.
- Ensures fluoroscopy time is documented.
- Stocks supplies and ensures all equipment is in working order.
- Cleans working area and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work additional hours on short notice as requested by doctor or supervisor in order to accommodate staffing emergencies, employee absences, and fluctuations in business levels.
Perform any and all related job duties at the request of Radiologic Technologist Supervisor.
Regular attendance and uniform appearance in conformance with the standards which may be established by Specialists Hospital Shreveport is essential to the successful performance of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of accredited radiologic technician program. Maintains continuing education in radiologic program.
Associate degree or equivalent 1 year minimum customer service experience, preferably in health care setting.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
State of Louisiana Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Combination of standing, walking, lifting, stooping, bending, reaching activities. Requires normal vision range. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Will need to assist in transfer of patients. Performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge. Occasional stress from balancing multiple demands.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENTAL: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operating rooms. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation and other conditions common to a clinic environment.