Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. Registered in and/or performs studies in the following modalities: Diagnostic Radiology, CT
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Operates x-ray equipment to perform clinical diagnostic exams and routine invasive procedures according to established standards and practices.
- Prepares patient for radiographic procedures by accurately assessing patient's needs and providing patient education.
- Maintains equipment and supplies and organizes the work area.
- Performs other functions as required or assigned.