Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
Performs direct patient care in a compassionate and timely manner and applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of radiologic technology.
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care by evaluating the patient, verifying patient ID, and related information to assure appropriate procedure is performed; explains procedure to patient; prepares patient for procedure by obtaining and recording patient history and consent form (if applicable); ensures patient comfort, privacy, and safety during procedure; monitors condition of patient and medical equipment that may be disturbed due to the nature of exam and report changes to patient care services.
- Properly positions patient to perform routine diagnostic radiographs; calculates and selects proper technical factors based on information such as age, medical history and suspected pathology; assesses quality of radiographs with minimal supervision; competently performs in assigned areas that encompass specialty procedures e.g.: surgery, C-arm, tomograms, venograms, arthrograms, myelograms, ERCP, sialograms, video speech evaluation, hysterosalpingogram and other specialty procedures as well as GI and GU procedures; maintains acceptable exam repeat rate; assists physicians in performance of fluoroscopic and minor specialty exams by providing and administrating proper contrast media, positioning patient and operating fluoroscopic equipment; performs IV injections and has knowledge of use and care of existing IV’s; identifies all images with appropriate lead markers and patient name; provides proper radiation protection for patients, self and others (uses lead aprons, lead gloves, and gonadal shielding when appropriate).
- Participates in performance improvement projects and performs quality control testing as required by department; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal, state, and local agency audits.
- Participates in the education/instruction of students and the orientation of new staff.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:30
Work Shift:Days (United States of America)
Department:Cardiac Cath Lab/Supplies/Ff
Mercy Health provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require accommodation in the application process please contact our Human Resources Department at (513)952-5280 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This department will make sure you get connected with a Human Resources representative that can assist you.