HHHunt's Spring Arbor Senior Living is seeking a qualified Director of Quality and Education. This regional nurse role is responsible for activities related to the development, implementation and ongoing support of quality management and educational initiatives throughout Spring Arbor communities. Prior experience in assisted living and memory care strongly preferred. This regional nurse role involves travel to multiple communities in Northern Virginia and Maryland in addition to active engagement and collaboration with all levels of Senior Living operations. Delegating Nurse certification required for Maryland.
Assist communities to plan and utilize education programs, in-service schedules, etc., to assure training is adequately preparing employees to succeed in their respective role, in addition to maintaining compliance with federal and state training regulations.
- Conduct or oversee completion of full internal quality audit in each community at least annually. This should be completed in timely advance of State survey, to assist and assure correction of identified deficiencies, etc.
- Conduct or oversee mini (focused area) internal audits as matter of routine during community visits, to identify new educational needs, etc.
- Support resident retention objectives by working closely with community management in identifying backdoor issues and opportunities.
- Support and encourage HHHunt Wellness initiatives.
- Use each community visit or communication as an opportunity to reinforce the company Mission, Brand Promises and Values.
- Work closely with Senior Director Q&E and Regional Directors to understand specific community needs and challenges and seek opportunities to positively impact these needs.
- Participate in interview process for new department heads as requested (most especially Resident Care Coordinator and Cottage Care Coordinator).
- Demonstrates consistent and excellent customer service in communications with residents/families, employees/co-workers, visitors, the medical community, the greater community, etc. Provides necessary feedback to community management about “first impression” and “ongoing impressions” of the community.
- Work closely with Senior Director Q&E and Regional Directors to interpret and communicate new regulatory standards as related to resident care and services.
- Assist with updates and maintenance of P&P and Operational Manuals as needed.
- Interact with State regulatory personnel as needed to clarify issues or seek guidance.
- Participate in company meetings as requested.
- Analyze data and prepare reports as needed or requested.
- Participate in industry-related seminars to enhance personal knowledge for improved work performance results.
- Perform other related duties as needed
- This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Geriatric assessment and medication management skills and ability to demonstrate and instruct the same
- Knowledge of OSHA, federal, state and local regulations and ability to demonstrate and instruct the same
- Knowledge of HHHunt Senior Living policies and standards and ability to demonstrate and instruct the same
- Ability to establish effective and non-threatening community audit and educational experiences
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, adapting to changing needs and conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Registered Nurse, with active license in VA and/or MD.
- Delegating Nurse certification required for Maryland.
- Minimum of 2 years geriatric nursing experience, including dementia/Alzheimer’s
- At least 3 years management experience in similar environment
- Experience with and a passion for working with seniors
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to work well with others and to promote a team attitude in all environments
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #CB