For nearly 50 years, Valley Community Healthcare has been one of Los Angeles’ leading community-based health centers; providing primary care and promoting community wellness and prevention programs. Located in the San Fernando Valley, Valley Community Healthcare has two sites, 30+ providers. We are an NCQA certified-level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home for over 25,000 unique patients and provided over 100,000 medical visits last year. We are looking to grow and integrate our core programs - primary care, pediatrics, adolescent teen clinic, women’s health, dental, optometry, and behavioral health; through a care team approach, quality and innovative care delivery models.
Applications: Valley Community Healthcare offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectation to our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for consideration.
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
We are seeking a full time state certified Registered Dietitian to join our wonderful team at VCH.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of conducting nutrition assessments, identifying patients at risk and creating diet plans. The Registered Dietitian must review the latest nutritional research, integrating new findings into diet plans and nutritional services. The ideal applicant has experience providing nutrition education to patients in underserved clinic settings and mitigating risk factors in diverse communities. Collaborate with physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses in order to tailor dietary services and improve patient outcomes. The Registered Dietitian should be a great communicator, critical thinker and leader.
1. Provides nutrition education in group and individual setting for patients/clients in accordance with Valley Community Healthcare Patient Centered Medical Home protocols
2. Attends team huddles daily.
3. Maintains appropriate electronic client records and develop nutrition plans and implement interventions based on knowledge of patient’s health.
3. Implements personalized age-specific and culturally appropriate nutrition strategies.
4. Communicates patient/client recommendations to physicians, nurse practitioners, and other care team members.
5. Develops and/or coordinates client education materials
6. Attends case conferences/trainings/meetings as appropriate
7. Creates and implements a comprehensive nutritional program to benefit the Valley Community Clinic medical patients.
8. Works cohesively with medical providers to assure a coordinated program.
9. Provides nutrition information/outreach presentations in the community
10. Performs appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by VCH and dietitian practice
11. Participates in health center and department quality improvement activities.
12. Responsible for reporting known and suspected patient abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual) per VCH policy and procedures.
13. Remains flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
14. Utilizes material, equipment, and time in a safe, beneficial and cost effective manner.
15. Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
16. Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
17. Other duties as assigned