KVC Hospitals gives people the hope and help they need to prevent suicide and other mental health crisis. We are opening a new children's psychiatric hospital in Wichita for children ages 6 to 18, and are seeking Registered Nurses to join our team of professionals. Our nurses can expect to collaborate with psychiatrists and therapists to carry out client specific treatment plans. Nurses will be expected to provide thorough assessments, accurate documentation, and ensure direct care staff is engaged in therapeutic activities with the milieu. Nurses should also expect to smoothly and efficiently handle multiple demands and shifting priorities in order to meet client needs. RN pay rate starts at $27 per hour depending on experience.
Associate degree in nursing required. BSN preferred. Must be licensed in the state of Kansas.
Shift days will rotate. You can expect to work one to two weekends per month.
Registered Nurses are expected to assess clients for medical health needs and work as a collaborative member of the treatment team.
The Registered Nurse will:
- transcribe and administer medications
- attend to minor injuries or accidents
- determine need for medical attention
- assess and document information on clients
- communicate with case managers or adults in charge of the client’s physical health
- assist physicians and staff as needed
- ensure direct care staff is engaged in therapeutic activities with clients in the milieu
Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, generous paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas
- three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
See more career opportunities, learn about our benefits, and discover what it’s like to work at KVC at www.kvc.org/careers.