Registered Nurse – Sansum Clinic
Full time- Santa Barbara, CA
NurseCore, a national leader in medical staffing and home care services is currently seeking compassionate, reliable and experienced Registered Nurses. Our passion, at NurseCore, is connecting healthcare professionals and nurses with the medical positions that fit their lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a position as a branch manager, ophthalmology, triage etc. our office professionals are dedicated to helping you get there.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
- Respects client’s rights and maintains confidentiality.
- Coordinates client health care services.
- Adheres to and motivates others to adhere to the nursing process.
- Keeps the physician and others involved in the client’s care informed of client’s status.
- Provides the Clinical Director reports of client status.
- Performs client care within his or her scope of training and experience.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Implements the nursing process in the development of an individualized Plan of
- Admits clients per agency policy and procedure including making the initial assessment/evaluation visit and regularly re-evaluating client’s nursing needs.
- Provides Advance Directives and Client Rights information to clients.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Discharges clients per agency policy and procedure.
- Supervises LPN, aides, home makers, and housekeepers in accordance with state licensure regulations and agency policy and procedure.
- Documents supervisory visits in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Safeguards company’s and client’s equipment and supplies.
- Prepares clinical, progress, and summary reports per agency policy and procedure.
- Updates knowledge and skills by attending in-services, case conferences and continuing education programs and informs office of all newly acquired skills.
- Maintains current RN licensure in the state of practice.
- Receives verbal and/or written orders from physician(s).
- Performs routine nursing duties including, but not limited to, client assessment, development and revision of Plans of Care, implements nursing procedures, evaluates client progress, accurate, timely, and complete documentation of client care.
- Notifies physician and Clinical Director of any changes in client’s condition or any unusual symptoms.
Performs the following nursing procedures where training, and the state Nurse Practice Act permits, including but not limited to:
- Medication administration per physician orders.
- Nursing procedures per physician orders and agency policy and procedure.
- Obtaining laboratory specimens.
- Starting IV’s and administration of IV medications.
- Changing dressings (sterile or clean).
- Supervising nursing and other health care member staff.
If you are an experienced RN with a commitment to quality care, effective communication skills and good organizational skills, this could be the position for you! Take a look at the requirements below; if this role is a good fit for you, apply today!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN License in California
- 1 year of experience as an RN
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of clinical standard of clinical practice in critical care preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to work with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Successful completion of the skills assessment specific to the areas of experience including any specialty areas