Come join the Colorado Float Team and make a difference in the lives of our residents! You can work as little as four shifts a month or as much as 40 hours a week depending upon the shifts you select. You are in control of your of your schedule.
The primary purpose of the Registered Nurse it to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. The nurse will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in assigned nursing unit and observe, direct and evaluate the activities of personnel as the person 'in charge' according to the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides Leadership and Direction on Assigned Unit
- Provides Resident Care Functions
- Charting, Documentation and Assessment Functions
- Personnel Functions
- Committee Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.