UP Health System puts the patient experience at the heart of everything we do. This includes not only providing the highest quality of patient care, but offering exemplary customer service by creating an environment that puts our patients at ease. We accomplish this by embodying a culture that is centered on our patients while supporting positivity and the growth of our employees both professionally and personally.
As a Registered Nurse working on the UPHSM team, you will provide professional and compassionate nursing care to your assigned patients and you may be asked to assist other nurses if the need arises. You will help to coordinate care planning with other disciplines and departments and will guide and mentor other health care team members in the spirit of quality, ethics, and patient satisfaction. This includes assessing and diagnosing a patient’s needs so that you can create and implement a unique plan for each of your patients. Our nurses are the heart and soul of patient care and each patient has individualized needs which require the talent of being able to adapt fluidly to many different situations and concerns.
You will be joining a cohesive team of individuals with many different skillsets which can provide you the opportunity to learn and grow. During the course of your day you will have the chance to experience many different facets of the healthcare industry and to make a significant impact on the people you come in contact with. Our nursing positions are full of bright and energetic individuals who are excited to be challenged by the fast-paced and evolving environment that is offered in a hospital setting.
- Our patients and the care they receive is our highest priority. An ideal candidate will take pride in putting their best foot forward every day to make sure that the UPHSM team has the patient on the forefront of everything we do.
- Heavy physical effort may be required including lifting 50 pounds or more, prolonged standing and walking, and manual dexterity.
- Given the unpredictable nature of healthcare, there may be times when you will be asked to contribute more or less time than you are traditionally scheduled for.
- We believe in the power of a positive attitude, applicants who are excited to do their best for patients and are willing to learn and grow as part of a team will thrive with us!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certification in an area of specialty
Working With UsCulture
- Registration and current RN license
- Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
- UPHSM is the largest specialty care hospital in the Upper Peninsula and is located in beautiful Marquette, MI just minutes from Lake Superior.
- We believe that attitude is everything, we do our best to make sure that our employees are excited to walk through our doors.
- We are proud to be located in a part of the country where employees and their families can enjoy the solitude of nature or the engagement and culture of a vibrant community.
- Employees enjoy a variety of benefits and perks including an extremely competitive and comprehensive insurance package as well as paid time off accrual beginning on the first day of employment.
- UPHSM knows how important staying healthy is, so we are pleased to offer on and off-site gym discounts as well as incentives for leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Our on-campus cafeteria, the 'North Country Cafe,' offers delicious daily specials in addition to vegetarian and gluten free options. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!