Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Syracuse and Jamesville, NY
*** Sign on Bonus for First Time Applicants ***
NurseCore, an industry leader in Medical Staffing and Home Health Care is looking for Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNs) with a minimum of one year experience to staff a correctional facility in Syracuse and Jamesville, NY areas. Qualified caregivers must possess critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Apply today to be rewarded with the great opportunities NurseCore has to offer!
- Top Pay w/ Daily Pay and Weekly Pay Options
- Flexible Schedules
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
Under supervision of a Charge Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with Charge Nurse(s), DON and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
- Respond to 'code' or patient crisis as set forth by the sites policy and procedure.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of medications.
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Obtains body fluid specimens and performs EKG's using proper techniques and procedures. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
- Assists the Health Care Practitioner in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet individual needs of patients.
- Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper techniques and procedures as ordered by Health Care Practitioner.
- Communicates information to nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed as an RN or LPN through the State Board of Nursing in New York
- One year experience as a RN or LPN in the last three years in a supervised setting
- Current CPR
- Proof of current physical/PPD
- Successful completion of the skills assessment specific to the areas of experience including any specialty areas
EOE/Drug Free Employer