In this position, the RN will coordinate the overall plan of care for patients in conjunction with an attending physician. The RN will also conduct initial, as well as ongoing, assessments of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient's physical, functional, psycho-social and environmental needs and activities of daily living. An individualized plan of care will then be implemented for each patient and recommendations and revisions of the plan will be made as necessary.
Additional responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Coordinate pain management in concert with the physician and pharmacy, patient and family
- Initiate appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- On-going evaluation of patent and family response to care
- Complete all documentation as required by organization in compliance with legal and governmental requirements
- Consults with and educates patients/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern
- Provide specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to ensure adequate care
- Current RN licensure by state board in PA
- Six months of general nursing experience required to include current experience and at least one of the following: hospice, home care, med/surgery or critical care. IV skills and/or certification preferred.
- Excellent nursing judgment, assessment skills and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in applying principles, methods and equipment used in nursing and appropriate specialty. Identified interest to work in specialty area.
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the patients and caregivers (families, friends and significant others).
- Ability to function as an effective member of an integrated healthcare team.
- Ability to work flexible hours and “off hours' and to meet weekend, holiday and on-call work requirements.
- Licensed driver with a reliable automobile which is insured in accordance with organization policy.
We offer the following incentives:
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Employee Discounts
401k plan, Life Insurance and much more!!