Reports to the Health and Wellness Manager and is a salaried, exempt position. Assists in the medical care and treatment of students. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Dresses wounds.
- Administers specified medication and annotates time and amount on patient’s chart.
- Assembles and uses various medical equipment.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring high sanitary conditions.
- Assists in physicals of all new trainees.
- Orders all drugs and medical supplies as required.
- Maintains charts for trainees seen by medical personnel.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- State Registered Nurse’s License and one year’s experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice in state where center is located.
- Prefer two or more years of experience.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Knowledge of nursing practices/procedures. Good organizational skills. Ability to carry out instructions with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate effectively and relate to trainee population. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting and occasional standing, walking, bending, stooping, and squatting. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 5% of work time outside and 95% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance | 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year | 9 paid holidays | Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5% | Flexible spending accounts | Paid short-term and long-term disability | Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance | Voluntary term life insurance
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, Eckerd Connects is one of the largest national nonprofit child and family service organizations in the United States. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services, and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families, assist young adults, and help children succeed.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ('Eckerd Connects') considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.