Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking part-time Registered Nurse (RN) On Call to join our growing Hospice care team in North Houston.
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Registered Nurses enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.
Silverado is presently seeking part-time Registered Nurse - On Call to join our North Hospice team. Must reside in North Houston area, 8a-5p every other weekend Sat/Sun
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.silverado.com/join-our-team/careers/
The Hospice RN is an experienced registered professional nurse who initiates and coordinates the hospice care plan, provides skilled and palliative care and coordinates the services provided to his/her patients.
The RN works cooperatively with the attending physician, Hospice Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary Hospice team. The RN participates in patient care conferences and supervises the Hospice Aides assigned.
The RN provides care, as described in this position description, to patients who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. The RN regularly reviews and updates the plan of care.
Performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, conducts assessments and evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and caregiver.
General responsibilities include:
- Performs comprehensive nursing evaluations and after hour assessments on patients with a change in condition.
- Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
- Initiates plan of care as needed and appropriately supervises patient care after hours, provides appropriate nursing follow- up to all patients. Instructs Caregivers in managing patient needs and submits appropriate documentation within 24 hours of visit.
- Coordinates all services provided to patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as appropriateness of care.
- Follows the approved plan of care, modifies as needed, and contacts physician when appropriate.
Ideal candidate background includes:
- At least one year of experience as professional nurse with recent hospice experience. Must have hospice experience.
- Registered Nurse with valid state license. BSN preferred. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and willing to drive to patient locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for Hospice.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
Learn more about our Silverado Benefits:http://www.silveradobenefits.com
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.