Understand and live BAMC’s mission and values providing an atmosphere of Excellence modeling BAMC’s Seven Standards of Service Care. Performs patient care of all ages utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with all members of the health care team. Demonstrates professional nursing skills through effective leadership, nursing judgment, informed decision making, problem resolution and appropriate utilization of resources.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Performs high quality patient care in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates and utilizes critical thinking skills.
- Promotes and maintains confidentiality.
- Is aware of atmosphere of ED as a whole and offers support to other team members.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient, physician and staff concerns to the charge nurse or department supervisor as appropriate.
- Supportive department patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Addresses and resolves problems enforcing teamwork. Engages charge nurse or department manager as needed.
- Attends required leadership workshops and/or meetings.
- Stress importance of positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Must display skills of leadership, independent thinking as well as the ability to multitask.
- Provide primary and supportive care expediting patient flow with triage, patient care, admissions, discharge and transferring of patients.
- Assist the ER doctors with patient care set up and treatment to facilitate flow.
- Adheres to departmental quality measures and initiatives. Adheres to infection control standards as set by BAMC policy.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by your supervisor and/or director.
- Adheres to JCAHO professional standards and BAMC policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the physical, psychological and sensory requirements of the position.