Great new Career Opportunity in Home Care!
Now Hiring – Registered Nurse – Glen Allen
Ascend Home Health Care - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
• Competitive Salaries
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Ascend Home Health Care an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and oversight of the nursing process for residents assigned to his/her care. Responsibilities include both the direct and indirect provision of care according to each resident’s nursing and medical plan of care and in accordance with state and federal regulations and accepted nursing standards of practice. Essential job duties can include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide direct nursing care to assigned residents in accordance with the nursing process.
2. May be assigned to function as Medication/Treatment Nurse, unit Charge Nurse, or Supervisor.
3. Direct day to day functions of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants, assuring compliance with state and federal regulations and facility policies and processes.
4. Provide assessment of and responds to resident conditions utilizing the nursing process.
5. Maintain effective communication with other members of the interdisciplinary team utilizing facility processes in order to assure the highest standard of care is maintained for each resident assigned to his or her care.
6. Complete and ensure LPN and C.N.A. documentation of care and services rendered according to facility policies and procedures.
7. Complete reports such as the 24-hour change in condition report, Incident and Accident reports, etc. according to the facility policy and procedure and as assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
8. Provide immediate response to situations of resident risk such as allegations of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property.
9. Report incidents timely and to appropriate persons per facility policy.
10. Ensure timely and accurate medication and treatment administration.
11. Communicate to physician and documents changes in resident condition utilizing both objective and subjective nursing assessment.
12. Document and implement changes in nursing and medical plans of care.