Mb Staffing Services is seeking a Licensed Registered Nurse for managing departmental deliverables, to include hearing conservation, absence management, and the respiratory protection program. This role is a critical part of daily operations, to include, assisting with medical examinations, overall patient care and services, and adherence to our clients Federal, State and local jurisdiction requirements to work with and support our client in Washington D.C. Our interactions with the people we serve and each other are guided by our commitment to our company values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence. Successful candidates will have exceptional nursing and management skills, and the ability to manage multiple medical projects simultaneously, and exercise independent judgment and action.
Occupational Health Nurse Job Description Duties:
The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for assisting with medical examinations, administering authorized medications and treatments, providing referrals, maintaining accurate reports and records, coordinating blood donation drives, and counseling employees on health subjects such as nutrition and communicable diseases. Performs triage of applicants/employees to support staff according to their need.
• Assist with oversight/training/monitoring Medical Assistants
• Support Clinicians (physicians, physician assistants, etc.) to ensure optimum efficiency of our clients.
• Document daily processes including; but not limited to Hearing Conservation, Respiratory, Sleep Apnea programs, physical exams, medical evaluations, return-to-duty, etc. into standard operating procedures and/or work instructions and forms.
• Triage of employees/applicants for both Clinical and Employee Assistant Programs
• Assists with physical examinations (hearing, vision, phlebotomy, vital signs, injections, blood draws and drug and alcohol testing).
• Assists in conducting medical examinations including taking partial or complete medical histories, checking vital signs such as pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight; etc.
• Administers medications and treatments authorized by the Medical Director.
• Assists MRO and reviews negative and non-negative drug tests
• Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
• Ensures medical case documentation is appropriate and compatible among user offices; maintains confidentiality on records/information specific to sensitive medical/health work performance issues for management and contract employees.
• Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
• Performs research and statistical analyses and prepares periodic or other reports in support of the health unit as required.
• Assist with coordinating immunizations (Flu and HepB vaccinations), blood drive and wellness activities and preventive programs.
• Conducts face-to-face discussions with individuals and/or teams
• Counsels employees and develops educational programs on health subjects including nutrition, dental and safety regimen, care of minor injuries and illnesses, family and health problems, and care of communicable diseases.
• Assist with our clients Wellness Programs; i.e., Instruction on topics such as health education, disease prevention, and develops health improvement programs.
• Performs related duties as required.