The Arc of South Norfolk is committed to providing exceptional supports to people with developmental disabilities, including autism, through collaboration, advocacy and empowerment.
We offer a supportive and fun work environment.
We are seeking Relief Workers for our interdisciplinary team caring for people in our therapeutic day habilitation program in Westwood, MA. As a Relief Worker, you will use your gifts of compassion to create and maintain a sense of community among clients, family and co-workers. Relief Workers will focus on enhancing clients’ self-esteem and independence through opportunities for choice and decision-making.
Relief Workers are responsible for the following:
● Provide individual and small group instruction in self-care, activities of daily living, communication, social and motor skills.
● Attend in-service trainings as required.
● Comply with all applicable state and federal regulations, agency policies and procedures, and personnel practices.
● Protect the health and safety of all consumers and staff.
● Performs other duties as requested by supervisor(s).
It is an essential job function of the position of Relief Worker that the candidate after successfully completing training in safe-lifting techniques, be able to lift and transfer individuals in the day habilitation program as appropriate to their needs. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.