PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate total nursing care for residents. Participates in resident and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in a clinical setting and in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, policies and procedures, ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current Ohio license for nursing.
- Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood.
- The individual must demonstrate basic knowledge of the principles related to the aging adult and problems associated with aging.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the resident status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each residents need.
- Provide care needed as directed by policy and procedure within the scope of an LPN/RN license.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. This individual will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the shoulders. Must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. This individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)