Oversees and directs all operations within the Mental Health/Mental Retardation residential facilities. Work entails planning, implementation, administration, monitoring and compliance of assigned programs and services. This position is in Montgomery, AL.
- Oversight of the daily management of the residential house managers for Alabama, LLC.
- Provides programmatic supervision to the house managers.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with appropriate state and local agencies with advocates and families of agency clientele.
- Oversees the maintenance activities of all residential facilities by arranging for services, repairs, etc.
- Develops, implements and monitors program plans.
- Counsels families regarding support of client’s programming progress.
- Assist in the selection of qualified staff within the Alabama Offices by working closely with the Director of MR Services.
- Supervise the acquisition of special equipment to meet client and/or program needs.
- May assist in developing written procedures to provide guidance to staff.
- Conducts short-term planning and assists in long-range planning.
- Participates in and conducts regular management/staff meetings.
- Ensures program compliance with applicable state and federal standards.
- Evaluates performance of staff.
- Supervises case management services provided by staff.
- Evaluate outcome of services and recommend needed services.
- Conducts in-service training activities for staff.
- Recommend personnel action(s).
- Provides on-call support to on-duty staff.
- Participates in personal career development activities, outside conferences, workshops, seminars.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral science or related field.
- Three (3) years of professional experience working with the mentally retarded or chronically mentally ill
- Ability to effectively supervise multi-programs.
- Ability to work independently and make independent judgments.
- Ability to effectively maintain good working relationships with clients and their families, representatives of other human service agencies and representatives funding sources.