The C.N.A. performs various non-professional nursing care activities and related services necessary to
care for the personal needs and comfort of the residents. Under the supervision and direction of the
RN, DON or designee, the C.N.A. functions as part of the interdisciplinary team for the emotional,
intellectual, physical, social, and spiritual well-being of the resident in accordance with accepted
practice standards and policies, procedures and philosophy of the community. Provides ADL assistance
to residents to facilitate independent functioning and Aging in Place.
To provide residents’ needs by:
1. Perform personal care activities for resident(s), including but not limited to:
b. Shampoo Hair
c. Skin Care / Nail Care
d. Oral Hygiene
2. Maintain all required documentation in accordance with established UMC policy.
3. Assist residents with the use of adaptive equipment, including but not limited to; walkers, wheelchairs, eyeglasses, dentures and hearing aids.
4. Assist residents during mealtimes: including seating them, serving, cutting their food, verbal prompting and/or assisting residents with eating. Coordinates the delivery of trays to sick residents in Assisted Living residence.
5. Reads and understands the individualized summary plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their summary and service plan.
6. Take and record vital signs & weights as instructed by nurse. Makes rounds several times each shift to identify residents needing assistance.
Observe residents closely, identifying changing needs and conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to nursing or leadership as appropriate