- *****Will work every other weekend*****
- Conduct physician prescribed treatments: including but not limited to, Hand Held Nebulizer Therapy and various nasal oxygen devices in order to administer prescribed medicinal vapors and gases, humidity, various oxygen concentrations to the respiratory system of the patient, and chest physical therapy treatments.
- Set up, operate and monitor ventilators when the patient's respiratory system is incapable of adequate spontaneous ventilation. Participate in the ventilator weaning process, utilizing protocols and physician direction. Set up a ventilator using the ventilator graphics to ensure the patient is comfortable and getting enough flow to meet his/her respiratory demand.
- Ensure the adequate maintenance of ventilation during cardio-pulmonary resuscitation; intubate as necessary.
- Perform arterial puncture and properly label and prepare samples for transport to the contract lab for analysis. Also may perform iSTAT instrument testing as outlined in the technical procedures for each test as approved by the laboratory director.
- Record all pertinent information of treatments, and patient response to treatments, on respiratory care records and patient charts; place MAR’s on patient’s chart in proper order.
- Perform trach care per hospital policy and procedure.
- Change out trach tubes as necessary and per hospital policy and procedure; and properly document changes on the respiratory progress notes.
- Change out tubing and inline suction devices, including suction canister
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS:
We are recruiting Respiratory Therapists to join the team at our 35 bed specialty hospital.
$1,000 60 days following completion of orientation
$1,000 one year after 1st payment
$3,000 one year after 2nd payment